Books. BOOKS!!!
1. One book you have read more than once
The Lord of the Rings. Still the original fantasy book. It's always good for a quick excursion into another realm. Since it's cheaper than an airline ticket and there's more to see and think about that your average bus tour.
2. One book you would want on a desert island
A macbook pro, with accompanying generator and the ability to convert coconut oil to fuel. An ocean wide wireless would help too. No? Maybe Robinson Crusoe or the Swift Family Robinson then. I can pick up survival skills and be entertained by good literature at the same time.
3. One book that made you laugh
Did Terry Prachett write it? No? Jon Stewart?
4. One book that made you cry
I rarely cry with books. The tears are impossible to get out of the page. But one book that has managed to overcome me with it's emotional weight is the Time Traveler's wife.
5. One book you wish you had written
The book in my head. The one about daydreaming twenty-somethings, torn between their inexplicable direction in life, their girlfriens, the need to slack, or work hard, be driven, exist in society yadda yadda yadda. It's a pretty boring book as it is right now. Be glad that I haven't written it. Yet...
6. One book you wish had never been written
Did Ann Coulter write it? No? Dan Brown?
7. One book you are currently reading
News from No's man's land, an autobiography of John Simpson. BBC world correspondent.
8. One book you have been meaning to read
Anything by a Russian master. I wish I had the time, discipline, energy and complete lack of other worries so I devote the decade it will take me to finish any of the major works by Tolstoy and Dostoevsky.
9. One book that changed your life
The Picture of Dorian Gray. When you read that book at the tender influential age of 14, it has the power to rob you of your innocence. I am only thankful that despite the author's intent, it did not rob me of my heterosexuality as well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home